- Our web site does not automatically gather any specific personal information from you, such as your name, phone number or email address. We would only obtain this type of information if you supply it by sending us an email, submitting an inquiry form, or registering in a secure portion of the site.
- You should be aware of the inherent risks of interception when communicating with others on-line using unencrypted email.
- Visitors’ personal information received via email is provided only to our office personnel who require the information to respond to inquiries. We do not use this information for any other purpose.
- All personal information created, held or collected by HES is protected under the federal Privacy Act.
- Our servers automatically log information about visits to our web site in the normal course of establishing and maintaining web connections. Server logs record statistical information, such as visitors’ IP addresses, type of operating systems, time and duration of visit, web pages requested, and identify categories of visitors by items such as domains and browser types. These statistics are reported in aggregate form to our web and communications staff, and are used to improve our web site and ensure that it provides the optimal web experience for visitors.
- We do not link server log information to any other data in a way that would enable us to identify individual visitors. However, we may review server logs for security purposes, for example, to detect intrusions into our system. The possibility therefore exists that server log data, which contains visitors’ IP addresses, could in instances of criminal malfeasance be used to trace and identify individuals. In such instances, raw data logs would be shared with appropriate investigative bodies authorized to investigate such breaches of security.
- You may, at your will, contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner if you are dissatisfied with the response you receive from our privacy contact on a privacy concern with our web site.
We regularly review our information-handling practices to ensure that we are abiding by this policy. Questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of the Privacy Act at the Hamilton Economic Summit, may be directed to the Privacy Officer by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 905-572-0363 or writing to:
Hamilton Economic Summit
c/o The Hamilton Chamber of Commerce
555 Bay Street North
Hamilton, ON CANADA